Single serve coffee makers are coffee machines that are specifically designed to brew one single cup of coffee at a time.
Some of the advantages of buying a single serve coffee maker include more consistency in brewing, wasting less brewed coffee, and a wider selection of coffee-based beverages.
Due to these reasons, single serve coffee brewers are rising in popularity, and consequently new models are popping up all the time. But what are the best single serve coffee makers out there? Here are our top picks:
Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker – Best Overall Single Serve Coffee Maker
Out of all the single serve coffee brewers in the market, the Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker is the best so far. It is extremely versatile and can brew almost any type of coffee drink you can imagine.
- Very versatile
- Easy interface to control cup size and brew options
- Sleek design
- May sometimes drip after brewing
Nespresso Vertuo Next – Best Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker Alternative
If for some reason you dislike the Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker, then we recommend you get the next best option: the Nespresso Vertuo Next.
Coming a close second for the title of the best overall single serve coffee maker, this brewer is also very versatile and powerful. It also has the added bonus of being more environmentally friendly than your average single serve coffee maker.
- Environmentally friendly as it has a small carbon footprint and is made with recycled materials
- Can brew coffee quickly
- No built – in milk steaming
Keurig K-Supreme Plus – Best Large Capacity Option
For those who drink a lot of coffee, the Keurig K – Supreme Plus is perfect for you. Its large water reservoir allows you to brew up to 1.7 litres of coffee in one go!
- Large capacity
- Easy user interface to adjust temperature and strength
- Can brew iced coffee
- No instructions for setting up the water filter
- The cup platform’s height cannot be adjusted
Nespresso Citiz Original Espresso Machine – Best Single Serve Espresso Maker
Do you love espressos? If your answer to that question is yes, then consider getting the Nespresso Citiz Original Espresso Machine. This coffee machine is designed for espresso brewing, so you can expect to create perfect cups of espresso conveniently.
- Cool retro design
- Can quickly produce delicious espressos
- Cheaper than most Nespresso machines
- Cannot brew a ristretto
Hamilton Beach 2-Way Coffee Maker – Best Budget Option
Priced at around $100, this budget coffee maker is only half the price of some of the other options on this list. This makes it suitable for those looking for affordable yet high performing single serve coffee makers.
- Dual capacity for brewing single serve and multiple serves
- Easily programmable
- Consistent and reliable coffee brewing
- Boring design
- Not as powerful or versatile as other single serve coffee makers.
Cuisinart SS-10 – Most Hi – Tech Features
The Cuisinart SS-10 is a great pick for those who want a coffee maker with a lot of features and options. Sure, it might be pricey, but you can’t put a price on good coffee!
- Easily programmable
- Large water tank
- Quick brewing
- Effective charcoal filter
- Adjustable and highly accurate temperature gauge
- Tea brewing option
- Unable to adjust the strength of the brew
Hamilton Beach Scoop – Best Single Serve Coffee Maker Without Pods
Most single serve coffee machines require you to have some pods on hand. This is not true for the Hamilton Beach Scoop as you can quickly brew your cup of joe without any pods.
- A Very fast brewing process
- Highly durable
- Very affordable
- May overflow if you added too much water
- There may be a slight hint of plastic-taste in your coffee