If you are here, then you probably love to drink coffee to start your day. There just feels to be something missing for us coffee aficionados if we don’t consume caffeine bright and early in the morning.
The thing is: plain old coffee is boring.
A great way to spice up your breakfast is to make yourself a cool glass of coffee smoothie.
What’s that? You don’t like to drink sweet and unhealthy beverages? No worries. Our coffee smoothie recipe is not only delicious but is also extremely healthy!
Why Should I Drink Coffee Smoothies For Breakfast?
Like we said, drinking only regular coffee before work is boring. But there are actually a few more reasons why you should have a healthy coffee smoothie for breakfast:
- Skipping breakfast is never a good idea. It is, after all, the most important meal of the day. You might find yourself feeling less energised as the day goes on if you don’t eat something in the morning.
- A cup of regular coffee cannot be considered an adequate breakfast.
- Sugar-filled coffee or any other artificially sweetened beverage is not good for your body; this healthy coffee smoothie is a better alternative.
Why Is This Coffee Smoothie Recipe Healthy?
There are several reasons why our coffee smoothie recipe sits pretty high on the healthiness scale:
- It has no processed sugars
- It is completely vegan and gluten – free
- It consists of very healthy ingredients
Some of you might be thinking right now: is coffee really healthy?
Well, the short answer is yes! A lot of people don’t know this but coffee by itself (without any artificial sugar) actually carries a lot of health benefits. This includes being a great source of vitamins and minerals, providing cancer-fighting antioxidants, and countering headaches.
Ingredients & Equipment
- 1 tablespoon of ground coffee (make sure you don’t use instant coffee)
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- ½ a frozen banana (use a ripe one for a sweeter taste)
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¾ cup of unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup of cool, brewed coffee (there is no such thing as too much coffee!)
- Raw honey if you like your smoothies sweet (only if you are not vegan)
Steps For Making A Delicious And Healthy Coffee Smoothie
Creating a smooth and flavourful smoothie is so easy that even a kid can do it:
- Insert all of the above ingredients into your blender
- Blend until the texture turns smooth
- Add more almond milk if it is too thick, or add more ice if it is too watery. You can also add more honey if it is not sweet enough.
- Serve immediately
Tips To Further Perfect Your Coffee Smoothie
Despite being so easy to make, there are a few things you need to pay attention to so that your coffee smoothie turns out amazing:
- Never use the cheapest coffee beans or ground you can find. These low-cost products tend to contain a lot of herbicides, pesticides, as well as chemical fertilisers. Certainly not things you would want in your healthy beverage.
- The better quality coffee you use, the better your smoothie will taste. This is why we recommend you do not use instant coffee.
- For those unable or unwilling to consume caffeine, you can use decaf coffee beans or ground to create a caffeine-free smoothie.
- Use cold brew instead of regular coffee if you want your smoothie to have a stronger coffee taste.
- Start blending on low speed, before gradually increasing it to high speed so that all the ingredients are smoothly mixed. Finish with low speed.